Monday, January 17, 2011

Project 31

Friday is my birthday. I won't tell you how old I'm going to be, but I'm sure you can guess by the title. This year I'm going to do something a little different--as in it's not going to be all about me. We have been so blessed by others the past couple of years and I want to pay it forward. So, I commit to do 31 acts of unexpected kindness during this week-Project 31. As Gandhi said, The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

The idea isn't new by any means, some people I've read about have done all of the service in one day, some have spread it out over a month, but the week time line works out best for our circumstances. I'm also going to be doing some of the random acts through this blog, my family blog, and the Screamin' Deals Facebook page, just to mix it up a little and keep people on their toes. Next Saturday, after finishing 31, I'll be posting a list for record's sake.

I'm so excited-I have a feeling this is going to be the best birthday week ever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try the peanut butter brownies in a day or so:)

    And I LOVE your idea - I may have to try it in August!! Let us know how it goes:)

    ReplyDelete