Sunday, September 6, 2009

My jeans WERE too long

I buy all of my jeans at thrift shops (except for the occasional Target splurge), which means that while I get them to fit me in the waist, I don't always get to choose the length. And apparently I am short because all of the jeans I buy tend to be too long.

Until now I've been piling them up then when I have a burst of energy and some spare time, I pick one out of the pile, cut the bottom off, create a new hem and sew it up.

That is time consuming.

So when I saw Stephanie's tutorial for hemming while keeping the original pant hem, I fell in love. And it is so easy. I fixed a pair of pants this week in less than 10 minutes. That's some kind of record.

Do yourself a favor and check out the tutorial here. You'll never go back.

1 comment: