Monday, June 29, 2009

4th of July Dress

I have some adorable red, white, and blue fabric that I've been holding on to for the perfect project. Of course, the perfect project never comes along, so it just sits there looking pretty but not being used. Now that I know I'm going to be living near some awesome fabric shops, I'm a little more inclined to use it.

I really like the idea of taking a onesie that is a little too short or stained and turning it into a summer dress. In fact, I'm in love with this one from Cora's on Etsy. I think that I'll be making one of these for Storey this week with that hoarded fabric. Happy 4th! Full tutorial from One Artful Parent here.

Bandana quilt update: I was able to find some bandana fabric (no actual bandanas though) at the thrift shop, so I am hopefully going to come up with a pattern for the quilt that uses the fabric and a couple of bandanas from the dollar store. I'll post pictures when I am finished.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm wondering if you ever made this little dress for Storey? Or the quilt you mentioned? You need to post some finished projects!
    I liked your bow holder frame thingy that you made. I think I need to go out thrifting and make one too!

    ReplyDelete